Grand Rapids, MI
We know shade structures, be it patio shade structures, or additional deck and porch structures, we have done it all. Our professional builders can handle all of your yard structure work, and we are not happy until you are.
No matter the size of your yard, a shade structure will bring something to it. If you find that there is too much heat in your yard, especially if you are out there for prolonged periods, then a shade structure will remove some of that heat, providing safety for you and your family, while adding beauty to your yard.
Adding a shade structure to your yard gives you more opportunities to hang out outside, and it can increase the value of your home.
A shade structure can be a wonderful addition to any area of your yard, and we can help you to design it, build it, and install it. We also have experience in repairing shade structures, so if you need any help at all, then give us a call.
Request A Free Estimate
What You Should Know About Shade Structures...
Shade structures are not only an aesthetic decision, but they can also ensure the safety of you and your family. When the summer months hit, damaging UV rays are constantly bombarding your yard, even when it does not feel hot. If you are outside for long periods of time, that UV can be damaging to your skin, and make you feel sick.
A shade structure gives you a place to comfortably relax while being shielded from the sun. This allows children to play outside for longer (stick your inflatable pool underneath) and you can entertain guests without fear of sunburns. Simply place your patio furniture beneath the structure, and you are good to go.
But, be careful that you only trust the professionals. After all, a shade structure that does not provide shade is useless. We are your shade structure professionals.
To Hire Us
At Grand Rapids Decks, our goal is to build shade structures in GR and surrounding Grand Rapids metro areas.
Reasons why you should choose us:
1. With decades of experience, we’ve seen it all when it comes to deck building and can handle anything.
2. Unlike many contractors, we actually answer the phone and always act professional.
3. Nobody is more experienced at building outdoor living spaces for the whole family.
Benefits Of Installing A Shade Structure In Your Yard
The benefits of a shade structure are endless.
The most important is protection from the sun. While underneath a shade structure, you are not as warm and have a lower risk of becoming dehydrated. You are also protected from UV rays that can cause burns and heat stroke.
A well-built structure will also bring something new and beautiful to your yard. Our experts can help to match the structure to your existing aesthetic.
Finally, a shade structure is homely. Decks and patios are great to hang out on in the evening, but there is something alluring about sitting within a structure.
Get A Free Estimate
Best Practices For Shade Structure Installation
- Update existing areas: A standalone structure is great, but you get amazing benefits when you add a shade structure to an existing patio or deck. If you already have an area where you like to entertain or relax, then a shade structure will only enhance that area. Of course, you want to place it in an area where it will help to shade the sun, so keep that in mind too.
- Look for power: Shade structures are amazing standalone buildings, and they will help you to enjoy time with guests long into the night. With this in mind, try to place your structure in a place where you have easy access to power. This way, you can add some lights to your shade structure, allowing you to enjoy your yard long into the night, and you can add music too if you wish.
- Additional coverings: When you are installing a shade structure, there are options for coverage. Many people use semi-covers that partially block out the sun while letting air flow freely. If you have a lot of sun in your back yard, or if you also want to protect from rain and other elements, then think about full coverage on top of the structure. Why limit your entertaining to only the hottest months.
We Install Shade Structures In The Following Areas
Grand Rapids, Wyoming, Comstock Park, Walker, East GR, Grandville, Hudsonville, Kentwood, Forest Hills, and any other area in the Grand Rapids Metropolitan Area.
If you would like to inquire if we service your area, please call (616) 208-5223